Gephi is a tool for people that have to explore and understand graphs. Like Photoshop but for data, the user interacts with the representation, manipulate the structures, shapes and colors to reveal hidden properties. The goal is to help data analysts to make hypothesis, intuitively discover patterns, isolate structure singularities or faults during data sourcing. It is a complementary tool to traditional statistics, as visual thinking with interactive interfaces is now recognized to facilitate reasoning. This is a software for Exploratory Data Analysis, a paradigm appeared in the Visual Analytics field of research.
- Networks up to 50,000 nodes and 1,000,000 edges
- Iterate through visualization using dynamic filtering
- Rich tools for meaningful graph manipulation
- Force-based algorithms
- Multi-level algorithms (graph coarsening)
- Betweenness, Closeness, Diameter, Clustering Coefficient, Average shortest path, PageRank, HITS
- Community detection (Modularity)
- Random generators
Dynamic Network Analysis
- Import temporal graph with the GEXF file format
- Graph streaming ready
Use ranking or partition data to make meaningful the network representation. Customize colors, size or labels to bring sense to the network representation. The vectorial preview module lets you put the final touch and care about aesthetics before explorting in SVG or PDF.
- Customizable SVG export
- Save presets
Clustering and hierarchical graphs
- Expand and contract subgraphs in Meta node.
- Link and attribute clustering
- Create complex filter query without scripting
- Build new networks from the filtering result
- Save your favorite queries
User-centricBesides a simple and tested user-interface, Gephi lets users organize their work in workspaces and save their session .gephi project files.
- Save/Load project files
- Use the Data Table view to browse and edit data
Gephi 0.7 architecture is modular and therefore allows developers to add and extend functionalities with ease. New features like Metrics, Layout, Filters, Data sources and more can be easily packaged in plugins and shared.
- Very little work to add new connectors or external data source
- Built on top of Netbeans Platform
- API for extensible features
The built-in Plugins Center automatically gets the list of plugins available from the Gephi Plugin portal and takes care of all software updates.